
We nearly lost a member of our family the other day. It all started when I noticed Elena's fish bowl was dirty (whose name by the way is 'Dolphin Fishy'), so of course I decided to clean it. It's real simple--just pour some water in a cup, slowly pour the fish into the cup, clean the bowl and fill with water, then slowly pour the fish back into the bowl from the cup. Except this time, I overestimated the "slowly" part back into the bowl and before you know it, this fish literally jumped out of the cup as I was pouring it and then it slipped down the disposal. Why?! First of all, why did this fish jump?! Why was I doing this over the sink with the disposal?! How was I going to explain this to Elena?! Quickly, I yelled for Andy, told him what happened, (Analissa and Elena came running up, too) and he stuck his hand into the disposal. Every second I could feel my heart become sad and my stomach begin to churn because this fish was going to die and it would have been my fault . What felt like forever, Andy was finally able to grab the fish after much squirming and put him in his bowl. Then we all shouted "Hooray" to daddy and then Elena wanted to kiss her fish. Now the bowl is starting to get a little dirty and I'm afraid I'll make the same mistake again. I think I'll need to have supervision as I complete this now scary task.
No comments:
Post a Comment