We were having such a great Spring Break when halfway through, Marcus had a slip off one of our living room chairs and ended up fracturing his leg. It was the most awful experience I've had to go through. He fell Tuesday late afternoon and didn't recover as quickly as he normally does from him being a monkey. He began to limp and it was difficult for him to walk. By the next morning, he didn't get better so we got him to the doctor's right away. Then we had to go get x-rays and then a visit to an orthopedist. Once there, we waited forever for the doctor to come in and begin all the questions that made me very uneasy. I know it's their job to be thorough because I'm sure she's dealt with some very unfortunate accidents (if you know what I mean), but once you are the one who's under the radar it's very uncomfortable, saddening, and heartbreaking because all you want to do is get your baby better and fixed.
All the while Andy was out of town a few days and wouldn't be back until late that night. Then the next day Marcus would have to get x-rays on the rest of his body. Again, it was a horrible nightmare to see my child go through all this, but he really was fine and great through the whole thing. A cast on his leg was certainly not keep him from doing anything and everything.
He's been such a trooper through these past two and a half weeks. It's more me who was having a hard time with it. But we look forward to tomorrow when he FINALLY gets his cast off! I'm more excited than I think he realizes.
No comments:
Post a Comment