Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!



Baking cookies at the Steele's home!
Our small Christmas gathering at our house. The kids were all dressed in their pj's for some fun, food, and Christmas cheer!
I can't tell you how difficult it was to take this! Three kids, three personalities, three hungry tummies, ONE big headache!!!

Here's my sweet boy listening to a story being read to him by his "big" sister Elena. We shrunk the picture so we could get a good look at how intent his face is as he's being read to.
Well we certainly can't believe it's already Christmas time! It seems this year has just flown by very fast. Though, it didn't seem that way only until Marcus was born. I guess the more kids that come, the faster your day seems to pass because of our busy schedules. Though I thank my lucky stars because I wouldn't have it any other way - as crazy as it may be sometimes!
We are enjoying some time at home, which is great to have (Andy says different)! Andy took this week off so it's really nice that we are all together here at home. But some kids have been getting a little 'cabin fever' because of the weather being cold and wet, so we've had a few tense moments around here. All in all, I have to take it in all slowly because before I know it, it will be time for us to go back to work and school - aauuugghhh!!
This year we are spending Christmas at home. We plan to go to Christmas Eve mass and come home for some munchies and homemade tamales from Grandma Sylvia! We can always count on some tamales each year that are literally devoured because they taste soooooo good! Then on Christmas I plan to make a pork loin for the first time. Let's hope we don't cut into it and it turns out hollow and smoke pops out - yikes!
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

L a u r a said...

Merry Christmas to you all!

I hope you don't have a Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation meal! I'm sure the pork loin will be fabulous.

Your little tots are getting cuter and cuter.