So I really need to keep this updated, but I just don't find any time lately! You know how that goes! Anyway, to make a looooong update short and sweet - we spent Easter in Rockport to celebrate Jenny's wedding. It was really nice to see that side of the family again. Most of them hadn't even met Marcus yet. And Aunt Maria looks really good after suffering from a heart attack about a couple months ago. She was enjoying herself as she celebrated her daughter's wedding. It was very windy, but absolutely a beautiful celebration.
We've been getting some really weird weather lately, too! First it was tapering off from winter, yet staying cool. Now summer is rolling around, and it could be really windy and humid, or rainy and wet, or dry and no wind - it's just all crazy. Bottom line, I am sooo not ready for a long, hot summer. Especially since we are making plans to travel to Illinois (driving there, too) to attend my cousin's wedding.
Everyone is doing really well. Marcus, though, had a 9 month check up last week and the doctor found the beginning of an ear infection. At least she caught it instead of Marcus feeling bad and me not knowing what's happening to him if he gets cranky. The kids have a little sniffle here and there because of that ever changing weather. We've only got a few more weeks of school left and we want to end it healthy!
Speaking of end of school, it is terribly busy right now. Today we got our 2nd TAKS test done and tomorrow we finish with our 3rd! Analissa has worked really hard and I know her (plus my own students) are going to do fine. Though I love my job, I've been counting the days til the end.
Finally the biggest news, Marcus is nearly walking! After getting his push toy on Sunday -which is absolutely loves! - he is taking steps. Shelley, his sitter, told me yesterday she saw him take a step or two during the day. Then we got home and he did it again! I absolutely can't believe this! He surpassed Elena with walking because she began walking the day she turned 10 months. Genius!!!
Wishing everyone lots of love and health!
No comments:
Post a Comment