Saturday, September 13, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

These past few weeks have been extremely busy with Analissa starting school (in 4th grade!), Elena getting ready to go to preschool at the end of the month (she's also turning 3 on the 23rd), and Marcus growing so fast and adjusting to mommy finding a schedule for him to follow. Not to mention that we've been following this awful hurricane. We pray and hope that some of our family who live in Houston and the surrounding area are safe and doing o.k.
Analissa has really enjoyed school so far....she's also waiting for me to come back to work since she's literally right next door to my classroom. She's quickly adjusted to getting up in the morning and getting back into her routine. She's also started her 2nd year in gymnastics and loves practicing a lot.
Elena has been enjoying time at home with me while I'm on maternity leave and with her baby brother. Every moment she gets she is always kissing him and hugging him. Her favorite thing to do is smell his head...and it's not just a quick sniff, it's more of her getting a good whiff of him several times and then her saying "aaaahhhhh". It's too funny when she does this!
Marcus is nearing 2 months old pretty soon. I have to say that I am so glad he's healthy and doing very well. Andy and I get amazed at how big he is getting - it must be all that eating he's doing! I have just a few more weeks until I go back to work and he'll be starting at his sitter's (Elena's former sitter). He's already been to Shelley's a couple of times and she just absolutely adores him. We couldn't be luckier and happier that we have a wonderful person who's taking such awesome care of our babies!
As for Andy and I, we are just amazed at how busy our household has become. Everyday we are laughing and having fun with our kids. I always knew in my heart that I'd be blessed with such an amazing family and I couldn't be more thankful!
Ay-yay-yay I'm exhausted!

Marcus using his back muscles to strike a pose!

Look what we found as we were doing the laundry!


Elena's new friend...it's Peyton who lives across the street. These two are so cute together when they play. Peyton's family just moved in across the street from us and we've quickly gotten to know them. Peyton is nearly 1 week and a half older than Elena.


It's the "other" handsome man in mommy's life. As Marcus is getting older we are able to get him to actually smile when we want. We can't wait for more of the smiles and the chuckles to follow.

2 comments:

L a u r a said...

Great to see your update. Love the pictures! Marcus IS a handsome little guy!

Donna R said...

That is a beautiful pick of our girls. Thanks for posting it.