Tuesday, July 29, 2008



This weekend our family was blessed to welcome our beautiful baby boy into our lives. All day Friday, I was having irregular contractions and thought maybe something would be happening very soon. It wasn't until late Friday night they became regular and got admitted into the hospital at 1:00 am Saturday morning.
Marcus Alexander was born Saturday, July 26th (my actual due date) at 9:18 am and weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz.
During labor, everyone was anxious to find out what we were going to have. One of our nurses told us that only boys had been delivered since Friday and no girls. Of course, I thought maybe I'd be the one to break that streak and have the first girl. Either way, I just wanted a safe delivery and a healthy baby.
Andy was the first one to say what we had and I just felt an overwhelming of relief once our baby was finally here. I did get sick a couple of times while delivering, but very blessed that we all were healthy and recovering well.
Thank you to all of our family and friends who prayed for a safe delivery and healthy baby. We now look forward to more of you coming and visiting us.

2 comments:

L a u r a said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Imagine that, delivering right on your due date. Bet that doesn't happen very often! Nice work, Marcus!

Glad to hear he's doing all of his little jobs well. I'm sure the girls will be fussing over him to no end! Thrilled to know that you both are doing well!

Can't wait to meet him!

The Roche Crew

ARodriguez said...

Congratulations Naranjo Family--Marcus is so adorable. We are so glad to know that you are all doing well. We cant wait to meet the newest addition to your family. God bless!!

Roland, Annette, Natalie, Emelie and Jacob Rodriguez